Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Boo for the Flu - Fur Ninja Thanksgiving Cancelled :(

So I just wanted to apologize to everyone who reads that I won't be putting up any additional recipes prior to the Thanksgiving holiday. I came down with the flu last Sunday and it's a doozy. It's already Wednesday and I can't get off the couch. Fortunately, Mike is taking very good care of me (fried up some tofu for me last night to get some protein in me since I haven't had anything but crackers and noodle soup for days) and I'm slowly getting my strength back by watching old episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix. I am, however, very sad that I won't be making some of the recipes I've been dreaming up in time for Thanksgiving dinner. It appears as though we'll be getting Chinese takeout and watching movies tomorrow. I would like to wish all of you a very happy Thanksgiving anyway, even though I won't be doing it with any additional yummy recipes. I hope you are spending the day eating good food and spending time with those you love. Remember: no matter where you are in life, we all have something we can be thankful for.

Here are some of mine (in no particular order):
Mike
my family
good beer
my kitties
always being able to eek by financially no matter how dismal the situation seems
my car continuing to run against all odds (214,000 miles and counting!)
living in a nice house where I feel safe
warm blankets
chai tea
chocolate almond milk
Tofutti cream cheese on bagels
Costa Rican coffee
big dreams
electronic music
being able to dance after my surgery
Philadelphia
avocados
cuddling
my red hair
kisses from Mike
Vitamin Water
nerdy tv shows on Netflix
afternoon naps
hot baths
candlelight

I could go on....but the point is, as long as you can be happy with what you have, you have a full life. Sure, money and "stuff" is great and all, but those things are transitory. The really important things in life can never be taken away from you. Take it from me - in the last few years, both Mike and I have nearly lost everything financially, but without all that bad stuff happening, we might never have been brought together. I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. Here's hoping that we all remember what's really important as the Christmas season starts in full swing on Friday. Instead of rushing out the door and leaving your family to go buy them "stuff," maybe linger over family gatherings a little longer, give a few more hugs, and say a few more "I love yous." Those are all things that won't be forgotten on December 26th.

Wishing you all a happy and love-filled Thanksgiving.

Love,

The Fur Ninja, Mike, Lucy, Skye, Shoes, and the rest of the Fur Ninja Family

No comments:

Post a Comment